During the Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 Design & Technology is about developing children’s skills building on their early life skills. Design & Technology offer the opportunity for children at Cottesbrooke:
· to develop a knowledge and understanding of materials, components and structures
· to develop focused, practical tasks for developing skills, techniques and knowledge, particularly those related to tools and materials
· to give pupils a sense of achievement when they have worked through the designing and making processes and have a finished article
· to instil a positive health and safety attitude
· to develop imagination and the ability to use Design & Technology as a form of communication and expression.