During the Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 Art and Design is about developing children’s creativity and imagination through providing art, craft and design activities that relate to the children’s own identity and experiences:
· to stimulate children’s creativity and imagination by providing visual, tactile and sensory experiences
· To develop skills and techniques associated with investigating and making in art, craft and design, i.e. skills of observation, perception, collaboration, and techniques in the manipulation of media, materials and tools
· To develop children’s understanding and responding to the world through colour, form, texture, pattern and their ability to use materials and processes to communicate ideas, feelings and meanings
· To develop skills of evaluation and judgement about their own work as well as that of others and to promote a knowledge and understanding of Art & Design
· To help children learn about famous artists.